Monday, September 22, 2014

july 27, 2014

july 27th
this week will probably be one of last weeks ill have internet (at least for two weeks).
Also tomorrow is the fete de ramadan and my birthday~~~!!!!
so after classes:(( ill head straight home and idk there will probably be a while bunch of people around my house bc it probably seems like the center of all muslim festivities in my town. Ill probly wake up to more "allah" songs/prayers.
On saturday after class i went with another classmate to go to a birthday party of another sector. It seemed to me a good chance to get out of the big ol' city, porto-novo, and see what its like outside big cities. despite the unnecessary hour long ride, i really like the village life, a lot quieter than PN. It also gave me another chance to hang out with other sectors too which i really was looking forward to. by the time we got there, the party was winding down but still i decided to dance into the few hours i was there and danced with one of the trainees little sister and she seemed to take a liking to me. on the way back home we made a couple of stops to another volunteers house which was big and huge and i was abit jealous even. As we made our way through the little pathways to the big road where all the zems are found, my new 'sister' (which i seem to make one everyday) stopped by her moms shop to talk and chat and introducing us to the happiest little baby ive ever seen. most babies here run away from me (idk exactly why), but this one just made my long day worth it with her smile:))

No comments:

Post a Comment