Friday, October 4, 2013

exceptionally black-“In this country American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.” -Toni Morrison

I was reading arendt on her essays on the exceptional jews and everything she said became so familiar to me, like deja vu or something of that sort.
just why do I ALWAYS have to prove myself? Without skipping a beat, every person I meet I have to prove something to them.
Some people are just born, and thats the only time that they have to prove themselves.
"You have to be TWICE as good as them to get HALF of what they have!"
This show is too real. There are some shows that are good, but at the end of the series, you don't think about them. BUT this show, it gets you thinking. In the end, its never about race bc people dont realize that JUST to live a NORMAL life, I had to work hard while others just simply be. If I were to simply just "be" I would not be here.

The positive thing about travelling is meeting new people who are just like you. You can get along well and you meet friends who will last a life time. The thing is, no one is like me. As I deepen my relationship with the people I have met, I realize that they came to love the world and cultures from a different perception in me. Yes, everyone has a different story, but in the end, I notice that I try to hide my story, not bc im shy or im ashamed, is just that I dont want to be claimed as "exceptional". I just want to be normal.



No comments:

Post a Comment